Heating & Air Conditioning Facts & Information
Your vehicle’s HVAC system is important not only for comfort, but for defrosting and defogging windows, uninterrupted flow of engine coolant, and proper operation of belts which drive your alternator, power steering, and water pump. Heating and cooling issues come in a variety of shapes and sizes depending on the type of car or truck you drive and the make or model of that vehicle, but Legendary Automotive & Truck Service in Fort Myers, FL can handle them all.
Your heat and A/C system are complicated, to say the least, requiring the right tools, and constant training to keep up-to-date on the new information and diagnostic tools required to take care of your specific system.
Our technicians at Legendary Automotive & Truck Service have experience on all makes and models and can quickly find and solve any issue you might have with your heat and A/C system should it be due to an issue with your compressors, high-pressure lines, special gasses, condensers, actuators, electronic and vacuum signals, or multiple other aspects of your car or truck.
Your air conditioning system has to work in harmony to effectively cool your vehicle infrastructure and when needed heat the inside of your vehicle for your comfort. The longer an A/C system remains broken the more problems it will develop, so it’s a good idea to have it serviced regularly.
We have found that the heating systems are generally far more reliable than A/C since they primarily operate on circulating engine coolant. However, if you’re having heating issues, the consequences are usually far greater if neglected. Lack of defrosting and defogging ability is not just inconvenient but also extremely unsafe. A clogged heater core can cause engine overheating, and a failed heater core will leak coolant into your vehicle, damaging other components. If your heater is misbehaving, have it inspected immediately. Often a simple coolant flush will correct the issue if we can catch it quickly.
Heat and Air Conditioning at Legendary
When you bring your vehicle to the ASE certified automotive specialists of Legendary Automotive & Truck Service in Fort Myers for an HVAC check or a repair of your air conditioning, heating, and ventilation system, our highly trained technicians may perform any of the following services:
- Air conditioning performance test
- Radiator cooling fan and condenser check
- Thorough inspection and repair and replacement of HVAC components due to leaks degraded seals and malfunctions including hoses, gaskets, and belts
- System pressure checks, such as with hi and low-pressure hoses
- Air conditioning recharge
- Refrigerant refill
- Replacement or cleaning of the cabin air filter
- Condenser repair and replacement
- Compressor repair and replacement
- Evaporator repair and replacement
- Accumulator/receiver-drier repair and replacement
- Radiator repair and replacement
- Thermostat repair and replacement
- Water pump repair and replacement